Nakashima of Remora

For Final Fantasy XI fans, by a Final Fantasy XI fan.


Elites, No Thanks

I used to be in this Linkshell, which will remain nameless, but it had a white Linkpearl that was recognized through some parts of Vana'diel. It was a Linkshell for helping other people out, but to me (and an Elvaan player), it was just about becoming an elite player.

The way every talked in the Linkshell seems kind of weird. They would say something like "lool, I'm gonna be level 75!1!." Well, not like that, but it really bugged me. I hesitated to ask for help from them, so I always went to TheTrueAlliance or waited until someone else shouted for the same thing I needed.

It was a month before I suddenly disappeared from Vana'diel when a new Elvaan member joined the LS. He happened to be right in front of me when I was hanging around Lower Jeuno. After some conversation with the sack holder and the regulars, the Elvaan said "Thanks for letting me join your LS, but I think it's time to move on. Take care." I think that was kind of rude, but after a while I realize why he left: He doesn't want to hang around a bunch of elite wannabe noobs.

After I returned to the game, I thought it over and decided to drop the pearl and move on. Life has been wonderful with out these guys. They had probably broken up before I came back, but however, it's best not to run into this Linkshell, even if they have regroup with another Linkshell. That goes for another LS with a bright yellow Linkpearl that had the same rep of this one, but worse. I started to join them, so I signed up on their website, but I remembered my experiences with the white-pearl LS, so I just abandoned it.

It's better to stay with the true blue "TheTrueAlliance." /nod

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “Elites, No Thanks”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Nakashima of Remora | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Copyright © 2002-2006 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.. This site is in no way affiliated with Square-Enix Ltd.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.